University of Brescia, Health &Wealth
University Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases
The University Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases of Brescia is highly specialized in the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of the most important infectious and tropical diseases.
It is also WHO Collaborating Centre for TB/HIV collaborative activities and for the TB elimination strategy. Training of Tuberculosis, Tropical Medicine and Global Health at national and international level is one of the priorities of the university.
The Chair of Infectious and Tropical Diseases has scientific and research collaborations with several Excellence Infectious Diseases both in Europe, USA and in low-income Countries.
Active projects of cooperation and exchange have been signed and implemented with different African countries (Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia..).
The E-DETECT TB Team
- Dedicated inpatient and outpatient clinic on TB and TB/HIV
- Experience on several clinical trials
- WHO collaborating center for TB/HIV collaborative activities and for the TB elimination strategy with special expertise on LTBI and co-infection TB/HIV
- Highly specialized on TB control in different settings (high and low income countries from all over the world
- A strong, peculiar experience in vulnerable populations, particularly on migrants
Get in touch with UNIBS
Prof Alberto Matteelli
Associate Professor of Infectious Diseases