The aim of this work package is to support the development of action plans in EU/EEA member states by surveying tuberculosis control plans and strategies, and reviewing evidence for actions to control and prevent TB.
Information from the survey and reviews were used to inform an expert meeting and develop a TB strategy toolkit.
- Gather information from national TB programme leaders across the EU/EEA regarding:
- availability, implementation and content of national TB control plans
- prioritisation of action areas and barriers to the implementation of interventions
- Conduct systematic reviews of:
- the evidence base for interventions to control and prevent TB
- barriers and facilitators to TB control strategies in EU/EEA countries
- Hold a meeting of national TB programme leads and other TB experts to:
- prioritise the summarised evidence within the context of EU/EEA countries
- arrive at a consensus regarding best approaches to TB control & prevention
- Develop a toolkit to aid national TB plan development and implementation based on:
- expert views
- experience in EU/EEA countries.
TB Strategy Toolkit
In June 2019, the E-DETECT TB team published our TB Strategy Toolkit which is freely available to all.
It aims to assist national TB plan development or refinement by providing up-to-date guidance on core components of a TB Action Plan or Strategy by bringing together the latest EU/EEA-focused evidence and expert opinion.
We have also produced a two-page introductory document about the toolkit. The English version is available now and is currently being translated into all EU languages. The new versions will be published on this website very soon.
- May 2018 | publication: “Towards tackling tuberculosis in vulnerable groups in the European Union: the E-DETECT TB consortium” [view via European Respiratory Journal website]
- July 2018 | poster exhibited by Gerard de Vries, KNCV at AIDS 2018 Conference, Amsterdam [Download PDF]
- October 2018 | publication: “Tuberculosis in the European Union and European Economic Area: a survey of national tuberculosis programmes” [view via European Respiratory Journal website]
- April 2019 | poster exhibited by Fatima Wurie, Public Health England at Public Health Research and Science Conference 2019, Manchester [Download PDF]
- May 2019 | article: “Effectiveness of interventions for reducing TB incidence in countries with low TB incidence: a systematic review of reviews” [view via European Respiratory Review online]
- TB Strategy Toolkit launched
- New paper in European Respiratory Review
- Findings of our national TB strategy survey published in ERJ
- National TB programmes: expert stakeholders to meet in October
- E-DETECT TB featured in the ERJ